Monday, August 06, 2007

Latest doc visit

From my last appointment I knew that I had placenta previa. But the technician didn't really go into it. Well at my last visit, Aug 3rd, my doc told me it is COMPLETE placenta previa, which means the placenta is completely covering the cervix. I will get another ultrasound at week 28 to see if it moves. If it does not move, then I will need a c-section at week 37 or 38. And if I have any complications, like bleeding or contractions, I will have to go on bed rest and possibly even take meds to help the baby's lungs develop faster. And from what my doc and aunt (who is a nurse practitioner) tells me, is that with complete previa, there is a very slim chance that it will move. So right now I am expecting to have a Thanksgiving baby (or the week after). Kinda sucks. I was actually looking forward to labor, just to have the experience, but it's out of my control. As long as we are both healthy, they can do whatever they want to my body. lol

On top of that, I've been getting really bad pelvic pain. Like a pulled muscle on my pubic bone. So I did some research and figured it was just ligament pain. Even my doc said so. Then I started doing some MORE research last night, and came up with something that is pretty much the pelvic bones detaching due to the cartilage breaking down from hormones. So I thought, well, maybe. Then it just hit me this morning... my pelvis is ALREADY separated. Awhile back when I was in a car accident, my chiropractor said that I had a separated pelvis and it was a bit crooked. I totally forgot all about that. Well, there isn't much I can do about it. I just may have to wear a support belt later on to keep the baby pressure off my pelvis, and to prevent pre term labor. But the pain is SOOOO bad when I turn over in bed, or get up from sitting too long, things like that. OY!!! I'm falling apart. I'm waiting for the back pain that my chiropractor warned me about too. I have back issues from the accident too. Fun fun fun!

Next visit is Aug 29th, and I get to have my glucose tolerance test. Hopefully I'll pass that because I can't deal with another issue right now!

I guess we need to step up the nursery progress. I'm just worried I won't be able to go to my NY shower in October. Let's hope bed rest isn't necessary!!! :(

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM , Blogger Kellycat said...

Sorry I meant to post a comment the other day. I'm so sorry to hear about the complications. I hope she stays right where she is until she is fully cooked!!!

Bed rest really isn't that bad, and neither is a C section. I had to do both quite a while ago. Now you can have it all scheduled and nice. No worries!!! K??? :)

Smile you have a baby in there!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home