Friday, June 30, 2006

Big news....

Bob Schneider is touring with the Dixie Chicks. But unfortunately he cancelled his east coast tour, so I won't get to see him in July. I wanted to see the Chicks anyway (yes, I'm a fan... and their new cd is awesome) but their tickets are too darn expensive. Maybe I can beg for tickets as an early birthday present. But good for him... this is a huge deal. He's a small venue guy... just afraid he'll blow up and I won't be able to afford to see him anymore... I hate stadium concerts. I'm much more of a coffeehouse/small venue kinda gal. Even though in the big venues you get assigned seats and don't have to worry about getting pushed around or moshed with. But you'll still get that jackass in front of you who insists on dancing even when no one else is.... or won't take off their huge ass cowboy hat (yes you mister, at the Brad Paisley/JoDee Messina show at Westbury Music Fair).

A few more days before I find out if I'm pg or not. My temps went down the last two days, so I don't have a lot of hope. *sigh* Enough already!!!

I started up my red afghan again. I figure with nothing on tv this summer I can start it back up again. I don't like crocheting while watching tv, because I'm not talented enough to crochet without looking.

No more rain.... PLEASE!!!! Do we need to build an ark or what?

Lots of packing to do this weekend. I did some while DH was at his friends house. I do a better job when he's not around. I don't have to deal with stopping every minute when he asks "Do you need this?".

Ooooo I just finished "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman yesterday. LOVED IT!!! He is one of my all time favorite writers. It was too short. His books are the type that you never want them to end. Check out "Good Omens" by him and Terry Pratchett. AWESOME! Or "Neverwhere", my favorite!
Since I finished it yesterday, I went and got another book from the library. I had a whole list of stuff to get, but they were all checked out. So I was trying so hard to remember what book I wanted to read that wasn't on my list... so I was just going up and down the aisles, when I turn my head, and there it was... the book I was looking for: "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd. I loved "The Secret Life of Bees" so I wanted to check this one out. I'll let you know how it is.

4 Comments:

At 10:30 PM , Blogger Kellycat said...

Wow Tracy long time no see... glad that you are back. Now if I could only read the bottom of your blog that would make me very happy. :)

 
At 1:22 AM , Blogger Kellycat said...

I'm with you on the ark thing... when is it going to stop?

I'm really into a freaky assortment of music listening lately. I'm really into the new Pink CD, which really isn't that new. I'm also listening to Vivaldi a lot lately. I wonder what that says about my personality. Hmmmm...

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Kellycat said...

Come on Tracy post!!!!!
I miss you!!!!
I love the Dixie Chicks new CD as well. They were on Ellen yesterday singing their title song. Loved it~

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger Marj said...

did you find out? any bread rising?? ^_________^

~wyn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home