Sunday, December 05, 2004

Uh oh, I went yarn crazy!

I was on a mission to find a few yarns yesterday. Patons Shetland Chunky, Patons UpCountry, and Classic Elite Lush. Went to Smileys, KnitWit(in Bayside, the woman working there was a witch. DH knocked down two skeins of yarn and she goes "Look, you're knocking all my yarn down." We both look at her thinking she's joking and she's dead serious. So we left immediately. Not getting my business. Store was tiny and had nothing anyway), and Fabric Bonanza (overpriced and doesn't have squat). None of them had any of the yarn I needed. So I ended up going online and found Joanns had the Patons yarn on sale. And I had a 20% off coupon in my email. Then I went to Patternworks and elann and went crazy.

I got 14 skeins of Peruvian Highland wool in Starlight blue from elann (they are 1.75 oz skeins) and one in Lotus Blossom just to see the color. The blue is for a cabled cardigan from the Street Smart pattern book.
I got some Classic Elite Lush from Patternworks in Natural, some blue color, and the green. I plan on making this headband with it from a pattern from knitty.com as gifts for a couple people (and me).
And I got Shetland Chunky in Frosted Rose to make the Easy Street sweater. And some Patons Classic Wool in Burgundy to make a knitting needle case (may try to sell on ebay if it's not done in time for xmas.)
I'll take some pretty pics when the shipments come. I'm so excited.

And instead of the UpCountry, I want to get Gjestal Naturgarn No. 1 that's going to be on sale soon at elann. It's the same texture and weight as UpCountry, a lot cheaper and has a lot more colors. I'm going to be busy for the next few years. :)

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM , Blogger PJ said...

Ahhhh *yaaarrnn* how nice to read this post over coffee..makes me want to run out and buy some more! ...but I have the house to get together! Hey, thanks for the explanation of the pick and throw ;)I'm glad you guys walked out of wicked yarn lady...the nerve...way to chase off business!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home