Friday, December 03, 2004

Officially addicted to knitting

I was shopping for yarn in my dream last night. My mother-in-law and I were at a craft store looking for new yarn, I was even carrying a needle around with me in the store.
If anyone actually reads this, I'd like to know how you knit. Do you "throw" or "pick"? My mother in law said I was knitting "the wrong way". I throw. I looked it up, and there is no right or wrong way. People just do it differently. And the traditional "pickers" are very snobby and elitest about it. I wanted to smack her. I tried doing it the pick way and I was all clumsy. I finally figured how to do it, but I don't like it. I think I knit much faster "throwing" it.

I want my booklets! I can't wait.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Blogger PJ said...

Oh God! I've knitted since I as aout 9 and.....I'm afraid I've never heard the 'throw' or 'pick'??...maybe the English or Continental style and then various yarn holds, etc... You are very right..there is NO wrong way whatever way is most comfortable! Just make sure your not too tight and if your too lose you may want to be watchful of needle size. WOO-HOO...you got the bug..na-na-boo-boo! Kidding aside..I'm so glad because I'm a closet knitter among the crocheters..hehe!! I love knitting blogs too!

 
At 4:33 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

The "pick" is the continental way, "throw" is the English.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home