Sunday, November 07, 2004

My craft show

It went pretty well. There were a couple people that couldn't make it. I was so mad I forgot my camera, so I stopped at a grocery store and bought a disposable one. A lot of the things that I thought would sell didn't. But I made about $200 so it was pretty good. And maybe I'll get some more customers word of mouth. I got a lot of good feedback and people saying I should open a store. That's my dream, to someday open a craft or craft consignment store. I took some custom orders that I have to fill. I mostly sold ornaments, candles (but not the jar candles, just votives and tarts), votive holders, a few painted plates, some boxes, and the hurricane in the pic I posted. Didn't sell the big items like the cake dome, cheese dome, oil bottles, wine caddy, mailbox or trifle bowl. Or the painted windows. That's ok though, because now I have a lot of items I can sell at craft fairs. I may look into doing one in December. I would always have to rush to paint stuff before a show, but now I have a lot done already. I'm going to take some better pics with my SLR camera and maybe make a sort of catalog. This way I can give it to people like my mother in law so she can bring it to work. Maybe even make a website at some point. Not sure ebay would be a good way to go since people usually look for bargains there. We'll see. I'll take some digital pics of the stuff that didn't sell and I'll post them later on.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM , Blogger Marj said...

so glad to hear it came out okay! ^__________^

I can't wait for the pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home