Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I love my new yarn!

Here's a pic of it (courtesy of toadal from ebay):



I wound it into a ball before I could take a pic. I'm making a skinny scarf out of it but I'm not sure if its too skinny. I cast on 16 stitches, and then I'm k2 p2 with size 10 needles (the biggest I have right now). Not too original but hey, it's my second knitted thing. My next scarf will be cables. I'm debating whether to frog it and make it a little thicker. I'm just worried about running out of yarn. Then again, she does have more in this color, but since it's hand dyed it may vary. Any advice??

I love the colors!! It has dark pink, light pink, orangey color, and almost a camel color. It will look great with my new black/off white reversible Old Navy coat, or even my camel colored pea coat. I'll post a pic of my progress later.

6 Comments:

At 9:30 AM , Blogger PJ said...

Ohhh, seeing that yarn this early in the morning is intoxicating....gosh, that is before coffee, too!
Beautiful color - I look forward to see a picture of the scarf your going to make :)

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Marj said...

very pretty colors!

it looks nice and thick for a scarf and those varied colors will let you continue no matter what ^_^.

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Marj said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:42 PM , Blogger stefani said...

What georgeous colors. What ever you make with it will look great.

 
At 11:33 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

that is beautiful yarn! oooo, i want some. very very pretty!

 
At 12:56 AM , Blogger Kellycat said...

That yarn looks so dam yummy!!! Makes me want to learn to knit. Great choice Tracy, can't wait to see the final scarf.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home